These days we're always hearing about "the 1%", but what is the fabled one–percent anyway? Who's in the 1%, and who's in the other 99%?
An interactive tool from the Wall Street Journal, What Percent Are You?, can help you find your place on the range of income levels in America. You can even compare your income based on different factors, like gender or age, to find your percentage.
The phrase seems to have originated out of the "Occupy Wall Street" political protests voicing concern over the difference in income levels of Americans. It is related to the similar "99%" statistic. Based on numbers from 2014, you have to make about $306,460 or more per year to be considered part of "the 1%".
Leave a Reply.